What happens if a tenant disagrees with the condition report provided by the landlord?

Published in: January 2017

It’s not unusual for a tenant to disagree with what the landlord may have written in a condition report, and in such a scenario, the tenant should make note of their disagreement. If it’s possible, taking photographic evidence may be a good idea and can be used as evidence for the tenant. It may also be handy to have the photo dated and signed by a witness in the event of a dispute. Additionally, a tenant can also apply to the relevant body to have the condition report amended.

If a landlord fails to provide a condition report, then a tenant may be able to produce their own report and have it signed by a witness. A copy should also be provided to the landlord or real estate agent.

Contact Eddy Neumann Lawyers on (02) 9264 9933 or
by email for clear and expert advice.
You will be directed to one of our experienced lawyers who can assist your needs.


Level 1, 255 Castlereagh Street Sydney NSW 2000 | PH 02 9264 9933 | FAX 02 9264 9966 |

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation

© 2007 - 2019 Eddy Neumann Lawyers  |  Site by EWide  |  Disclaimer